Hello everyone! For the past week we’ve been enjoying summer weather in the Midwest-temperatures soaring into the high eighties and low nineties, interspersed with pop-up showers that go as quickly as they come about!
To combat the heat, I created this really simple dessert recipe, which my daughter liked so much she demanded I write it down, so now I’m sharing it with you. Enjoy!
Mixed Berry Trifle
16 oz. frozen pound cake, thawed
3 cups berries, (I use a mixture of raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and strawberries)
1 4 oz. pkg instant cheesecake flavor pudding
8 oz. container frozen non-dairy topping, thawed
- Slice thawed pound cake into cubes, layer one third into glass trifle bowl or other large bowl.
- Spread one third berries over cake.
- Beat pudding mix with milk according to package directions, spoon one third over cake and berries.
- Repeat layers with rest of cake, fruit, and pudding.
- Top with Cool Whip, and chill for at least 30 minutes to one hour before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers.